CARES has over 130 volunteers, however, we can always use additional volunteers in almost every area. Volunteers are normally assigned to work in one area or section. CARES is very “volunteer friendly” in all respects trying to honor what they like and are qualified to do. This includes the days and times they work and those days and times they have to be off.
The volunteer opportunities are as follows:
1) Order Fillers in our food warehouse. Mondays 12:30-3:00, Wednesdays 10:00-12:00, Fridays 8:30-12:30.
2) Shelvers (stocking) or repackaging of all foods. Wednesdays 9:00-12:00 Thursdays 9:00-11:30.
3) Reception or intake of clients Mondays 12:30-3:00, Fridays 8:30-12:00.
4) Financial Assistance Counselors First, Third and Fifth Fridays 8:30-12:00.
5) Food Counselors Mondays 12:30-3:00, Fridays 8:30-12:00.
6) Truck Drivers or helpers Wednesdays 8:00-12:00, Thursdays 8:00-12:00 approximately.
7) Photo ID Computer Data Entry Mondays 12:30-3:00 or Fridays 8:30-12:00.
Call 706-253-4777 for an appointment with Richard Vaughn the Executive Director to discuss your interest in one of these opportunities.